Information for ParentsThis area of the site is intended to provide helpful, useful, or interesting information for parents. I should also point out that by providing links here to other articles or sources of information, I am not necessarily endorsing or advocating for them, but I am simply providing them as a service and as food for thought. I expect that this resource will grow over time.
- Ohio Department of Education's Standards Guides for Families - Parents can find out the Academic Content Standards for their student as required by the State of Ohio by grade level for each subject area. Easy to read and understand.
- Safe Teens - Teen safety on the internet. Any parent whose teen has access to the internet needs to read this. The truth is, most parents have no idea what their child can or might be doing or exposed to while online. Parents need to know.
- Teen Sleep Deprivation a Serious Problem - An interesting article from WebMD discussing the problems teens face when they don't get enough sleep.
- Perpetually tired teens: Breaking the cycle of late nights and drowsy days - Not to beat a dead horse here, but.... Actually this article has more concrete ideas for parents.
- Helping Teens with Homework - This is an article for parents whose child is hitting that homework wall many kids find in the middle school years.
- Raising Successful Teenagers - A site with links to general topics about raising a teenager.